IMS Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all those who use our website and our services.
In line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) it is important to us that our visitors and customers understand what personal data we collect from you and how it will be processed.
What personal data do we collect?
Information provided by you:
- You provide us with personal details if you use our website enquiry form, subscribe to our newsletter, enquire about a product or call/email us to ask for a quote. These personal details will include your name, email, company and telephone number.
- If you choose to use our services, you will provide us with invoice details including an address. If you pay by credit or debit card these details may be stored on our bank’s mobile app which is protected by the service provider.
Information we collect from you:
- If you agree to our cookies when you visit our website we collect your IP user address and information about the pages you accessed and how long you stayed on these pages as part of our Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics does not store, save or collect personal information and provides it to us in an anonymised format (general summary rather than individualised)
- Our email marketing campaigns contain tracking facilities within the actual email. It tracks things like opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. This information is used to refine our future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant & timely content based on their activity.
Why do we hold your data?
We only hold the personal data that we need to provide our customers and prospects with relevant information and fulfil contractual obligations so if we hold your personal data it is because:
- You gave us your consent
- Your data was provided through our industry partner ‘Nettl’
- We need it to fulfil our contract with you
- We believe we have strong business reasons to contact you that could be mutually beneficial (this is legally called ‘legitimate interest’)
How do we use your data?
The personal details given to the website, or in an initial telephone enquiry, are used to process enquiries and/or send requested information eg e-guides, newsletters and emailers.
The telephone number is used to contact you should there be a problem with your enquiry (e.g. incorrect email address) or to find out more information so that we can provide you with a comprehensive quote as possible.
The additional information we take from clients is used to fulfil our contractual obligation to you, complete the service needed and to invoice for payment.
For suppliers and industry partners, we use the information to make payments and to recommend your services to our clients.
Where do we store your data?
Your data is stored on our email system, our emailers, our internal portal and our accounting system.
All of these systems are hosted on our secure server.
We also store hard copies of client invoices for accounting purposes. These are held for 7 years.
Do we share your information?
We never share your information with any other external third parties, unless with your consent or to fulfill your order eg delivery arrangements etc.
How long do we keep hold of your data?
We need to hold on to our invoices and financial records for at least 7 years.
Due to the nature of our business, our services are not required for sporadic amounts of time, therefore, our information and products are still relevant to clients/prospects. on an ongoing basis. For this reason, we will retain your email and address and contact you with marketing and special offers indefinitely unless you unsubscribe or let you us know otherwise.
How do we secure your information?
We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure, to the best of our knowledge, that the necessary security steps are taken.
We have a monthly security package provided by a local IT company which includes antivirus malware and ransomware and regular back ups.
We use generated passwords & secure servers to protect the information we hold.
Our website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy and uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate.
We have checked that the hosting company we use for our own, and all of our client’s websites, takes security and GDPR compliance seriously to protect the sites and data collected from them. For further details on our hosting company’s security measures please contact us directly or visitwww.adventuregraphics.co.uk/privacypolicy for more details.
While we do take all applicable technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data it is impossible for us to secure the entire internet it is, therefore, your responsibility to acknowledge this and to understand that the personal details you give to us by your own choice across the internet are transferred at your own risk.
We have taken steps to ensure that our industry partner Nettl are fully aware of their data responsibilities. For full details on Nettl’s privacy approach please visit https://www.nettl.com/ie/privacy-policy/
What about our social media platforms?
Our social media engagement is subject to the customs and privacy policies of each social media platform. Social media may have their own tracking cookies in place.
While we take great care to ensure the security and safety of our follower’s personal information it is up to the individual to use the platforms with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
IMS Ltd will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
If we use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question, users do so at their own discretion. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s (web addresses) so that they look like this; http://bit.ly/wkDTpk18. These shortened URL’s can be prone to spam and hacking.IMS Ltd cannot take any liability for damages/implications caused by visiting any shortened links
What are your Data Protection Rights?
Data Request: You may request a copy of the personal data we hold for you free of charge. If you would like a copy of this information, please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy. We will respond to your request within 30 days providing you supply us with appropriate proof of identity.
You may also request to amend the details we hold by contacting us directly by emailing email@example.com
Your right to be forgotten: We strive to ensure that our direct marketing or emailers/newsletters contain relevant and useful information to add value to your business however you will ALWAYS be able to unsubscribe. A clear and straightforward opt-out method is included on all of our communication with you so that you have an easy to follow route if you decide you no longer wish to be contacted by Adventure Graphics. Upon this request, your personal details will be deleted.
We will update this policy in response to legal, technical or business developments. It was last updated in July 2020.